Kids and Music are just a natural fit!
If your child can recognize ABCDEFG and count to five,
they are ready to play the piano!
At Southport Piano Academy, early childhood music education empowers children to be the creators of their own music. Music is the first and most important method of communication for children. Southport Piano Academy offers piano lessons that bring children together with creating music at the earliest opportunity.
Our “TIME TO BEGIN” piano method is a unique pre-school piano program that has successfully started children as early as 3 years old in a private Parent & Tot setting. Learn piano with your child and enjoy the discovery of music together.
And here’s why piano lessons are so important for your child:
- Early music education contributes strongly to “school readiness”.
- Music assists in developing language skills and spatial reasoning, expands memory, and encourages co-operation and collaboration.
- Piano lessons start children on the road to experiencing, knowing, and understanding music while reinforcing logic concepts such as beginning & end, cause & effect, sequence & balance, harmony & dissonance, as well as arithmetical concepts such as numbers, counting, timing, and patterns.
- As your child grows, music will continue to be a natural form of communication and self- expression.
Lessons begin Sept. 16th. Register Today: 604-275-3285 firstname.lastname@example.org
- As students advance, examinations are available from the Royal Conservatory of Toronto, as well as most other recognized schools and conservatories.
- Students may also choose to focus on a Popular or Jazz piano path for their musical journey.
- Preparation for Music Theory examinations is available to supplement the practical piano exams. High School equivalency credits are given with the completion of certain examination grade levels.
- Adult students will find a comfortable and relaxed environment ideal for learning to play or re-starting lessons after years away from the piano. These piano lessons have a strong focus on music appreciation.